The Referral & Application Process
The Bridges accepts referrals from both prison and community based sources. In some circumstances, individuals may self-refer or be referred by a family member.
To make a referral:
1. Complete one of our application forms and return it to us at the address stated on the form.
2. For complex cases (such as Lifer, IPP or MAPPA cases), applications should ideally be received no later than 4 months prior to release/parole or target admission date. For all other cases, applications should ideally be received no later than 10 weeks prior to release or target admission date.
3. Funding should then be applied for, usually from the client’s local authority of residence, up to 3 months prior to release or target admission date.
4. The Bridges will contact you to arrange to assess the client.
5. Provided National Probation Service Humberside accepts transfer of the case (if subject to probation supervision) and funding has been secured, the Bridges will then confirm the outcome of the assessment within 2 weeks.